Ben’s Is Giving Back To The Community!
Date: Saturday, October 4th
Time: 11:00am – 4:00pm
Place: Ben’s Chili Bowl, 1725 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, Va 22209 (Parking Lot)
On Saturday, October 4th, please join the Ali family as Ben’s Chili Bowl hosts its first Community Day in Arlington, VA. For over 56 years, Ben’s has been an integral part of the Washington, DC community. In fact, 80-year-old co-founder Virginia Ali is affectionately known throughout the city as ‘Mom’ simply because she has touched so many lives over the years and still continues to do so. She has also taught her children and all Ben’s employees to share the same love for everyone in the community that they are so fortunate to serve.
In spite of all the worldwide recognition and fame that the iconic eatery has garnered over the years, local residents of DC, Maryland and Virginia know the real truth about Ben’s Chili Bowl, and that truth is simple. They know that Ben’s is first and foremost about FAMILY and COMMUNITY. For more than 56 years, Ben’s has graciously served the people, and every guest has always been embraced as family. When segregation was still alive, Ben’s offered a peaceful gathering place and safe haven for ALL people, regardless of any differences in background or perspective. Society has grown and changed, but Ben’s remains the same and continues to celebrate people from all walks of life as they come together to eat, laugh, and discuss life as they see it.
Now, a new chapter has begun in Arlington and Ben’s is happy to invite everyone in the community to come out and enjoy a wonderful day of giving and celebrating life. Here are some of the highlights:
- Food Drive: Bring any canned foods and receive a 10% discount on your favorite Ben’s Chili Bowl meal. All canned food will be donated to AFAC (Arlington Food Assistance Center). AFAC distributes food to over 2,000 families every week in Arlington, and over 35% of the people served are children. Elderly residents make up nearly 30% of the people who benefit from AFAC’s efforts. Ben’s truly appreciates the excellent work that AFAC does, so for this Community Day and beyond we choose to support their efforts as much as possible.
- Anti-Bullying Campaign: October Is National Bullying Awareness Month, So Ben’s Is Encouraging Students To Stand Up Against Bullying. Everyone Who Pledges To Stand Up Against Bullying Will Be Entered Into A Raffle To Win A Free Lunch For Two At Ben’s Chili Bowl. Five Free Lunches Will Be Offered In The Raffle.
- Fun & Games: Various Fun And Games Will Be Available, Including Face Painting And Animal Balloons. Various Prizes Will Be Given.
- Fire Truck For The Kids: Next Week Is Fire Prevention Week, So Arlington Firefighters Will Be On Hand With One Of Their Trucks To Give Kids An Opportunity To Learn Firsthand About Fire Safety.
- Giving Back To Your Community: Bring Us Your Story In 300 Words Or Less About How You’ve Given Back To Your Community And Your Name Will Be Entered Into A Raffle To Win A Free Lunch For Two.
For additional information, contact Vida Ali At (202) 667-0909 or firstname.lastname@example.org